Thursday, September 5, 2013

Letter to Leeana... (1 month old)

You've grown up so fast within the last month that it has flown by so fast! The first two weeks were non-stop feedings every 3 hours, which were tiring. It was amazing having your daddy home with us those first two weeks and I know we both miss him being home with us full time now. It's been amazing spending my days with you as I love watching you play as you kick your legs and flail your arms around. You're learning your amazing motor skills an watching you grow is incredible! We just started tummy time with you and you've begun sucking your hand (so I have to keep your hand out) and you turn your head maybe once or twice and then yesterday you fell asleep. You've begun sitting up and leaning on your boppy although you like to do that for only a few minutes before you want to get out of it. 

You're probably one of the happiest babies I've ever met. I love that you have accepted the fun filled life that you live, as I've heard some babies don't always nap in different places or take new situations well... But we've started you off from the beginning and you handle every new place perfectly. The moment you were born, we've been passing you around to get used to being in everyone's arms and yet you're either sleeping or alert and staring at people, happily. Besides your growth spurts, the only times you really cry is when your hungry, want to be changed (and even sometimes then you won't cry), or you're tired and want to be held. I love watching you sleep in your bassinet next to me, but I know soon we will have to move you onto your own bedroom and into your crib. I don't want to see you leave our room as I love having you next to me, but I know it's about that time. 

It's so funny the comments people say about you. I've been stopped in the grocery store to comment how perfect your head was, and now I'm thinking you wanted to be a c-section baby all along so you could have the perfect head.. Only joking! But everyone comments how amazing of a baby you are! You continue to make me smile as you prove to me that you handle going anywhere I go, with ease. In your first month you've been to a concert (Evangel performed, which you heard in the womb), you went to Anna's baby shower, for your cousin Paisley and met some family, you went to your abuelas house for Labor Day and spent time with family, you went to a Parlette party at the Ogles as we celebrated your Aunt April and Uncle Jon returning to meet you and your cousin Lucy, you've also met sooooo many family members and new friends. Wow your first month of life has been packed with so much, almost everyday! So much is coming up in the next few months, that it's going to fly by... So keep smiling as I take tons of pictures! 

What I love about you:
-love how we can take you out and your such a great sleeper
-love when you stiffen your legs when I change your diapers
-love your little coos as you sleep
-love that you giggle when you sleep, although I wish I could laugh at the joke with you (in fact you're giggling as I write this... PLEASE let me join in... Maybe one day)
-love that you're a great sleeper and that you typically have been sleeping 6-7 hours straight already and are putting yourself on a schedule, which you definitely got that from me babygirl
-love the little grunts that you do all throughout the day while I change your diaper, when you fall asleep, when you lay on my chest and aren't doing anything
-love getting to nurse you as you always have one hand curled up by your head and the other just resting on me, as our bond grows stronger 
-love when I hold you and you fall asleep as I pat/rub your back after a feeding
-love that when you wake up you don't begin to cry and scream but you move around and make little coos (maybe you're starting to figure out talking?) waiting for me to pick you up and feed you. 
-love every smile that you have on your face
-love how much you needs me to take care of your eating for you
-love how photogenic you are and how every time I pull out a camera you start smiling (ill say she got that from me)
-love that you always do an amazing job when we take you out (she's enhanced our life)
-love changing your outfits and seeing how cute you are in the next one 

What I hate:
-hate that you're growing up so fast and that I don't want to miss a moment of your life as you grow up 

Leeana, you've forever changed your daddy and my lives forever. We absolutely would give our lives just for the sake of yours. We adore everything about you and can't wait to learn more about you as you grow up. We pray for your salvation in hopes that you will come to know Christ one day. I pray that I can do my role as your mom as biblically as possible (Titus 2) and raise you up properly. I've been praying for your future husband, as I see your little fingers knowing that one day some man will want to put a ring on your finger and make you his wife. I pray that you seek to find a man like your daddy who will truly seek to do what is best for your family, place you as a priority, is wise with finances, love you as his wife by being faithful to you, taking his role as your husband seriously in leadership and teaching you the scriptures, and so much more. Look at your daddy as the greatest man that you'll ever know, as he will show you the man to look for. He truly is amazing, and I hope you find a husband just as wonderful as mine! 

Sweetheart, we love you more than you'll ever know, and everyday that love continues to grow. Thank you for being our little munchkin and always making us smile!

Ultimately I LOVE being your mom! You've given my the 2nd greatest job (being a wife to your daddy is #1) and I wouldn't trade a stinky diaper, a tough growth spurt, a rough night of sleep to trade you for the world! You've truly completed our little family Leeana Eva! We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment