Wednesday, March 5, 2014

To my Penny girl

I remember the first time I met you and how happy preemo was to meet his new potential sister. You and preemo did so well together and played so much, as the snow began to fall. Before we left, I planted a big kiss first on your forehead, and didn't care that I barely knew you and that you were a "dangerous" dog, a pitbull. We made your adoption official on February 10, 2012. That became your official birthday, since you were found on the streets of glen burnie, and had no official birthday that we were aware of. Carlos and I had spent so much money to spoil you once you were placed in our home. We got you a big crate, your own bowls, tons of food and treats, a big bed for you, tons of toys, etc.

You immediately grew attached to me, as I became your "person" and I loved it! You learned tricks fast and always wanted to please us. We took you to dog training and you learned so much, and we learned how to work with you better, as you're a strong willed dog and preemo, isn't. It was amazing seeing you grow in so many areas. Unfortunately you had terrible allergy problems and that began from the start. We worked hard and spent so much money at the vets to give you antibiotics that didn't "fix" the problem. We finally changed your food and you became a happy girl again! You loved to eat raw chicken and anticipated your meal times everyday! You would never let us forget when it was time to eat, as you began pacing back an forth, knowing that you were able to put some delicious food in that belly!

In time, we added another family member to the bunch, leeana. She began to take my focus from you and preemo, as I needed to tend to every need of this precious child. As being a mom of a baby and 2 dogs, life became tougher and you were no longer getting what you needed from us. The attention you desired was now being given to a baby. You did amazing with Leeana, and never acted out. You were so gentle and loving to her, but I could tell you were sad. I couldn't keep up with all things such as the baby, the house, and 2 dogs and the attention you both required. 

Unfortunately we had to make the decision to give you up to someone who could take care of you. My brother and sister, your once aunt and uncle, and now your mommy and daddy... Jonathan and April! As tough of a decision that it was for Carlos and I, we knew that we were being selfish keeping you with us, and not giving you everything you needed. It was no longer fair on your part, as you deserve to be spoiled! You're an incredible dog and the 2 years we had you, you've helped me to prove how incredible the pitbull breed is- as you changed SOOOO many minds! I loved how shocked people were when I told them you were definitely a pitbull yet you just wanted to be laying down after meeting them. They expected you to attack, with being a pitbull, yet you were so gentle. You were so sweet, happy, calm, loving, protective, and so much more! You always were wanting to rest, but you were always "on guard" if someone came to the house unexpected. I loved that about you. I always felt so safe! Your loyalty was incredible! You were always there for me and knew we would take care of you, so you would always come back even if we were just mad at you two seconds ago for something wrong you did. I'm truly thankful for the time I had with you, and although you probably don't even care anymore that you don't see me (cause you're being so spoiled right now- and I've seen the pics and videos) I miss you more than you know. I've cried numerous times wishing you were following me into the kitchen, or just having your excited self with me, or having a playmate for preemo, etc. You truly have shown me and others how incredible the pitbull breed is. I love you Penny girl! You truly helped change my life, and just know you always have a place in our home... If things don't work out with your new parents! 

Love,
Your once mommy, now your foster mom

Pics of throughout the last 2 years...


You're with your Uncle Jonathan, but now he's your new daddy!




You first hated your crate

You got SUPER comfy with Preemo & your new bed right away



Super anxiety in your crate, which we worked on so 
much and you eventually came to LOVE your crate

You began to love your bed



Kisses for my girl


Sticking your tongue out at me


Rainy day!

Family picture!


Loved picking up my BIG girl

Church clothes


Christmas time

Hanging out on the stairs

Getting comfy with your new brother Rocky... moments before you left 

Our last pic together before you headed out to your new home


No comments:

Post a Comment