Sunday, April 6, 2014

Growing too fast...

Wow my girl is growing up fast! Tonight I realized her first tooth is beginning to finally cut in on the bottom. {it's about time} but I realized how fast these last 8 months have gone!!! I don't think I'm ready to give up her incredible cute gummy smile, but I don't have a choice. I hope the teeth aren't too mean to me during nursing time, and that she continues to be a happy teething baby.  


So tonight, I sat down in my rocking chair, began to nurse leeana and she was super excited as she knew it was time for bed. She sure loves her last meal of the night, and I love it to because it's our special time together. I don't know what I'll do when she no longer enjoys nursing (which hopefully is a long time away) because I love the special time we have together, which only I get to share with her. Ok, sorry... Back to the point. So I was nursing her for bed and she finally began to calm down and actually fell asleep. What a rare and beautiful thing that just happened! She barely ever does this, so of course I took full advantage! I began to rub her head an pray quietly for her. After talking to my mother in law, Ada, and how important it is to pray for your children's spouses (as she did for Carlos, and for her other kids) I wanted to make sure I'm continuing to do it, as I have since we brought her home from the hospital. I truly hope she finds a man as great as her father. I pray she finds a man to lead her and hold her according to Gods word and truly treats her like a queen. A man that will love her and to help her grow in her role as a wife an mother (one day) and to truly be all she can be to glorify God. There is so much more I hope for in her future husband, but that's just the beginning. 


I began to weep thinking about how one day she will grow up and be older than this precious little 8 month old, and will no longer need me to do everything for her. As happy as it sounds, it saddens me. I love being her mother, and doing things for her. Yes it can be tiring at times to feed one more meal, but that's what I wanted when I became a mom. I began crying thinking about how I don't want to miss a moment of her life and take these precious moments with her for granted. I'm so thankful that I'm able to be home with her, so I don't miss the incredible times of her growing and making me laugh, as I return the favor and make her laugh. {thanks to my incredible husband for allowing me to stay home by working hard so that I can enjoy this incredible treat of watching her daily. Without him, it wouldn't be possible. He's made my dreams come true!}


Being a mom is such an incredible job. In the moments that they grow and make progress in life, it's sooo rewarding! In the moments they test your patience, it's challenging. When they grow up and leave home, it's saddening. Although I haven't experienced the tough times yet, they're on there way. I truly look forward to every area of motherhood and I'm so thankful I won't miss a thing! I love you so much Leeana Eva! You're my sunshine little one! 


Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment