Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What a great daddy...

*WARNING: a bunch of mushy lovey dovey things are about to be said!!!*

Watching my husband with Leeana brings so much joy to my life! He's so sweet with her! He comes home from work everyday, greets me with a kiss, and then goes right to Leeana to pick her up (and she grins from ear to ear) and he gives her a big kiss and hugs her. She lights up everyday she sees her daddy come home, as if it's the best part of her day, I think it is, because the family is altogether again. This moment everyday is always exciting for all of us! 

I love seeing him hold her hands as he helps her learn to walk across our living room floor. She's so excited to be moving and using those legs, and he just enjoys each step he gets to help her take. Watching him have these precious moments with our little girl makes me love him all over again! How sweet it is to see him be her first real love. She rests her head on his chest, and he soaks that moment up, as it won't last for long with our little mover. I absolutely love being able to sit back and watch these moments happen. 

When Carlos and I began dating (over 8 years ago) I always imagined how incredible of a dad he would be. Seeing it happening in front of my own eyes is unbelievable. I'm so thankful I took the time to learn so much about you in preparation for my future, which soon became OUR future. It was wise that we really questioned one another, as it paid off... Now I have an amazing husband and father for my children! {Women... If you're interested in someone, don't just question if he's good to his mother but think about all other areas: leadership, faith, finances, family, children, cleanliness, etc.} He blows me away with how much he loves her and steps up to help me when I need it. He doesn't mind changing a diaper, helping me feed her dinner... Especially now when she won't open her mouth (silly girl!!) and so much more!! He truly is an incredible father. Were learning how to parent together in now correcting Leeana as she's beginning to explore our house in a whole new way... Oh you little crawler! I love that we're being united together in how we're handling things and teaching her "no" immediately, and working as a team. So thankful for us sticking together side by side and and growing yet again in our marriage. Parenting has been a whole new experience, and yet it's bringing us closer together as we're figuring it out and laughing along the way! 

I'm so thankful for this incredible man that God has given to me. He works so hard so that I can be home with our little girl, enjoying the days with her, friends and family, while he's working hard everyday. How am I this fortunate!?! I know as she grows, it won't always be this "laid back" on normal days, taking visits all the time when homeschooling begins, but I'm thankful for these fun moments as we get to watch her grow together. {I don't want people to think we don't have busy days... But when school begins we won't be out as much.} thank you for helping me reach my goal of being home with our little girl! I look forward to the future kids we have together to where I can be home and raise them and teach them as well!

I love you Carlos! You truly mean the world to me! Besos!





No comments:

Post a Comment