Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Miscarriage & Pregnancy

Wow... so it's been quite the time since I've posted anything on here!!!! Feels great to be able to give quite an update. So as of yesterday I was able to announce on Facebook that my husband and I are expecting a baby, due July 30, 2013! We're super excited as we get to enter into this new phase of our marriage, parenting! 

So here's a shortened version on the last few months...


(To begin, this is not to make you sad, etc. but to hopefully be able to 
help another girl/woman whose gone through this, and to hopefully
 turn their eyes towards Christ through a struggle of loss.)


Carlos & I wanted to start a family back in the summer, and praise God we didn't struggle. So I was pregnant in early August, and we found out about 6 weeks along. I was so excited, as was he. We couldn't want to begin planning things for our new baby! About a week later, I began to bleed, and I panicked, but tried to stay calm and prayed a WHOLE lot. So 3 days later at a Women of Faith conference in DC, with 3 amazing friends of mine, they helped me to cope as I was dealing with going through the process of miscarrying my child. It was by far the toughest thing I've ever had to work through, but praise God that right after it happened, I was able to walk right into praising God as they were singing beautiful songs to worship our Creator. Yes, it was tough to be joyful after losing your child, but I know it was only by God's grace, because I was able to smile after such a tough loss. Looking back I think I was more upset with myself, not once do I remember being angry with God for taking my child. I started to think, could I have done something differently, eating even better, not stood in front of the microwave, had more rest, etc. Was there really anything that I could have done to change the will of God? NOPE! Ultimately this was the plan, and I was okay with it, because it taught me to trust God 10 times more, knowing that His sovereignty would happen regardless of how careful I was. So many woman drink alcohol, smoke, eat terribly, throughout their pregnancies and have perfectly healthy babies, and yet that's what God intended. So I realized that I had to be content with whatever the Lord decided. If we look at Genesis 29:31 " When the Lord saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren." So overall the Lord controlled everything, and later on the Lord opened Rachel's womb! (Genesis 30:22 "Then God remembered Rachel, and God listened to her and opened her womb.") Praise God that He is in control, and has taught me to trust His infinite plan, not my own plan of when I should have a baby - for all those who know me very well, I'm VERY planned and scheduled. I definitely was planning everything out, and I had to learn that my plans are NOT my own, because ultimately the Lord will change mine, to whatever His plans are. 

Ultimately we were thankful when the doc gave us the go-ahead to try again, and thankfully we didn't struggle with that either. We've praised God for opening my womb to be able to conceive, as we desired after 3 years of marriage, to start a family. We're praising God for keeping this life safe, and for preserving the life that we so desire to raise, in a couple of months. 




http://www.thevillagechurch.net/the-village-blog/miscarriage-and-me/

^ that's another blog that was posted about a miscarriage as well, which I feel she words this so much better than myself, but I'm so thankful for others desiring to see the good in the bad times. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you wrote this Arielle! And I think it will be a great encouragement for other women. I too went through the same thing (it was a very early miscarriage) but definitely one of THE first things I thought, was did I do something wrong? Could I have done something differently? And then I took it to scripture. Proverbs 3:5 & 6. HUGE blessing to me. Anytime I might feel sad about it I just would recite that verse to myself and it made me feel loved. I knew God loved me. I knew that what HE decided was for MY good and that he ultimately would give me what I NEEDED! Sometimes we get really wrapped up in our own desires that we forget that God knows what we NEED....he ALWAYS provides! So comforting to have a God like that, isn't it? Congrat's again on the baby! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Praise God for the Lord just comforting us throughout a time of loss! It's definitely not easy losing a child, BUT the Lord so graciously fills that void with His love. What else could be better!?!? NOTHING!

      Delete