Wednesday, July 31, 2013

40 weeks.... THE END!!! :)

Wow I can't believe that I've reached the end of the pregnancy! So many thoughts and emotions are currently running through me at this time as I've longed to see this moment for SOO long now to see my little girl and to begin being a mother. After my husband and I lost our first pregnancy August 18, 2012, it was so tough to think that it could potentially happen again. During this pregnancy I actually began to bleed at 7 weeks, and we learned everything was ok, but the thought of potentially losing another baby was too hard to think of. Praise God that we've reached the end and are days away from meeting our little girl and beginning a brand new life with her involved. We're so thankful for all that we've learned throughout this last year, mainly trusting in God knowing that His plan is ultimately perfect as ours is always flawed and self-centered. So thankful that we've been learning this lesson over and over again, and pray that we never take our life for granted. We've been so blessed even throughout the tough last year that we've had, ultimately God gave us the joy and peace that we needed throughout the tough moments. So thankful that soon things are going to be so different in our house and looking forward to the many nights of no sleep as we wake up to see our little girls face and take care of her. Can't wait to meet you little girl! :)

How far along?  40 weeks! Wow, to think that our due date arrived just yesterday is absolutely amazing!
Total weight gain/measurements: Started at 142 and have gained... and since my last midwife appt (last Friday) was 41lbs, but I'll find out this Friday to know my current amt
Maternity clothes: Oh yes! I don't know how I would be able to survive without them.
Stretch marks: Yes... It was so tough to deal with when I first saw one, but I realized that overall this will remind me of the amazing time in my life that I was pregnant with my daughter. 
Best moment this week: Reaching my due date!!!! :)
Miss anything? Sleep! I'm up every 2 hours now to run to the bathroom, or just being so uncomfortable. She's clearly getting me on her "wake-up" schedule that I'll soon be on in just a few more days.
Movement: Yes! The most movement she's doing now is either rotating herself around, or pushing her head out. It can be kind of painful when she shoves her head out, but it also reminds me that she's alive and doing good.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, thankfully!
Gender:  baby girl
Labor signs: tons of braxton hicks, which have been getting more and more intense. no actual contractions as of yet.
Belly button in or out? Finally popped!
Wedding rings on or off? OFF! Saw my rings today, and can't wait to put them back on! 
Happy or moody most of the time: Anxious! I'm so anticipating the moment that I get to hold my little girl for the first time!
Looking forward to: Holding my sweet baby girl, and getting to share in the joys of raising her with my husband! It's going to be such an incredible experience that we get to share together, and I can't wait!!!

(Weeks 39 & 40)

No comments:

Post a Comment