Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 38...

How far along?  38 weeks! Wow, only 2 more weeks to go!! OH MY GOODNESS!
Total weight gain/measurements: Started at 142 and have gained... and since my last midwife appt on Friday, I've gained 35lbs.
Maternity clothes: You know it! I love my maternity clothes!
Stretch marks: Yes, actually as of week 37.. some started to show on my lower belly! Man, I thought I might make it to the end without having them really show up, but now they're coming in nice and light.. let's hope they stay that way.
Sleep: Tougher. Waking up about 3 hours after I get into bed to run to the bathroom. Of course since I have less room in my bladder (due to baby taking it all up) I'm constantly having to empty it.
Best moment this week: Having a great weekend of seeing my cousin Wesley who just returned from China after teaching English there for 1 year. ALSO, my little niece, Lucy was finally born!!!! YEAH!!! Now Carlos and I realize how close our time is coming to holding our little girl in our arms. Carlos was so excited to hold her, and was desiring to hold our little girl all the more! Just 2 more weeks baby!!!


(Carlos holding baby Lucy, just about 14 hours old here!)

Miss anything? Not having stretch marks, not having someone sit on my bladder, and getting better sleep at night.. honestly, it's ALLLLL worth it and I would do it again in a second!
Movement: Definitely! Now that she's getting bigger though, she can't kick me and punch me as much, but she pushes her head REALLY hard against my stomach and so that can hurt a little, but I know she has a little bit of room.. so I don't blame her.
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, phew! :)
Gender:  baby girl
Labor signs: The swollen ankles have returned, and I can't seem to get them to stay away.. oh well! And more braxton hicks, but thankfully no contractions! :)
Symptoms: none
Belly button in or out? Innie! I actually am thinking it might NOT pop!
Wedding rings on or off? Off... :( It was beginning to get stuck, so I had to take them off... 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I love having this little girl inside of me.
Looking forward to: Getting her carseat base in the car (the carseat is ready to go), finishing up her room, packing our hospital bags! Just have a few more things to get ready and the house cleaned before she comes! Oh yeah and starting maternity leave on July 24th.. oh I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!!! It will be great to be home for a few days, rest, and get some stuff cleaned, and hopefully spend a little bit of time with some friends!


(Weeks 37 & 38)

No comments:

Post a Comment