Friday, March 8, 2013

19+ weeks & sex reveal!!!


How far along?  19 weeks and 4 days! Baby is about 6 inches about the size of a mango! :)
Total weight gain/measurements: I started at 142, and as of my appointment on Monday (3/4/13) I have only gained 5 pounds!
Maternity clothes: Still haven't bought a thing! Phew!
Stretch marks: No way baby! Not yet! :)
Sleep: It's been good! Began tossing a lot more throughout the night, now that I'm back to sleeping on my sides again.
Best moment this week: Definitely the moment that we found out the sex of the baby!
Miss anything? Sleeping on my back
Movement: So just the other night (3/6/13) I had eaten my dinner, and leaned back on my husband, about 30 minutes later he was tapping and rubbing my belly and then he stopped. All the sudden I felt a very distinct kick! I was so happy, and we tried to get our baby to do it again, but it didn't happen. I know the movement will come in stronger soon, but it was amazing to feel my little one kick back! :)
Food cravings: These awesome red velvet cookies Carlos got from work... they were awesome, and so we found them at Safeway! Oh & Kraft Macaroni & Cheese! Thankfully I ate them the other night and it was amazing! 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Thankfully... no!
Gender:  hmmmm... wait for it.... 
Labor signs: None.. :)
Symptoms: Just looking and feeling pregnant.. and loving it! 
Belly button in or out? Still in!
Wedding rings on or off? On! :)
Happy or moody most of the time: Super excited! Can't help but to be happy and smiling all the time, I'm having a baby!!!!
Looking forward to: Feeling more baby movements, picking out a name for the baby, and picking out room colors! :)

_______________________________________________________________________



So update on my 19 week sonogram:

So the OB came in and began the sonogram immediately. He showed us the babies heartbeat which was flickering (it was so amazing to see it flicker on the screen). We were able to hear the heartbeat (currently was at 141 on 3/4/13) and it was so impressive to hear. I felt like it was my first sonogram all over again! We got to see the 4 chambers of the heart, the detailed spine, the toes, arms, legs, the fingers, the brain and all the activity going on in there. Finally when he got to the little rump, he said "Do you see that?" We said "Yes, what is it?" He said, "That's their butt. Do you want to know what you're having?" Of course we said "YES!" so he said.. well you're having a little GIRL!" Of course then my tears began to run down my cheek, as if I wasn't already tearing up the whole time already! It was amazing to hear that Carlos & I are having a daughter!!! A little girl which we can dress up in little outfits of dresses, bows, etc.! Wow now the fun can really begin! We're so excited to get to begin the process of preparing for this precious daughter of ours. I have to admit it's been amazing getting to see my husband super happy as he tells me sometimes now "make sure you take care of my daughter" it just makes us smile knowing that we're having a babygirl together. WOW! I can now be a mom to my little girl! Reality is finally setting in. 

It was awesome that last night we were able to celebrate my birthday with my family and were able to reveal the sex of our baby to them last night! They were definitely excited as they found out about the newest granddaughter, niece, etc. that would be joining the family! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment