Friday, May 31, 2013

Pregnancy... and the reality of it

What a joy it is to be pregnant and carrying a human life inside of you! I have to admit I've had a pretty easy pregnancy, as my daughter has been so gracious to me in not causing morning sickness, and only some mild nausea in the beginning. I've really enjoyed everything as my body has changed, I've gained weight, and definitely enjoying the beauty that God has designed through my body creating and sustaining another human life. Wow, what an amazing God that I serve and love!

There are times that are certainly tough during pregnancy though, as I get farther along. At times (mainly when I'm stressed or have been on my feet all day long) I get the terrible swollen ankles as if I've sprained my ankles (because they get HUGE!) It's not a beautiful sight, but something that reminds me that my baby girl is growing, and this comes with having a child-giving up my body for the sake of my child growing. I've had some acid re-flux too that was tough at times, but thankfully is rare now. It was definitely uncomfortable to get this burning sensation in my throat after eating foods that I love-which I absolutely love food!! People remind me that the acid re-flux means that she will have a full head of hair, so I continue to endure that pain (when it comes) knowing that perhaps I'll have a baby full of hair (let's hope straight black hair like her daddy!) I've been definitely not enjoying the stretching of my stomach though. No stretch marks on my belly yet, BUT the pain of your stomach stretching when it's never done this extreme stretch before can be quite uncomfortable and almost burning at times. It was definitely painful when it first began, but I've begun to wear maternity clothes and loosen things to then wear less tight fitting things in the areas that hurt the most. Also using Vitmain E Oil on my belly one or two times a day helps to keep it well moisturized.

My newest and toughest part is now how FREQUENTLY I have to run to the bathroom! I feel like she's dropping lower as now the weight on my bladder gets so insanely intense and then I do the pregnant waddle (it's no joke) just to make it in time!! It's insane how the other night Carlos and I went to the store, and I got out of the car and I was waddling and saying how BADLY I had to use the bathroom. By the time we got to the back of the store, I was fine.. because my little one had moved her positioning and taken it off my bladder. It still shocks me at times that I have a little baby inside of me that (for now) can control my trips to the bathroom and how frequently I have to run there. 

Overall I don't do this to complain about how at times pregnancy can be uncomfortable and tough, BUT overall it's totally worth it when I feel her move around in my belly and (her newest thing is head butting me on the right side) head butt me as if she's trying to break out of my belly. I know she's growing in there and soon will be running out of the room she used to have my my stomach, and things may get more uncomfortable for me. I know throughout that time I'll endure just knowing that my little girl is well taken care of, growing healthily, and seems to be happy as she moves all the time. I love you my little sweetheart and can't wait to meet the little person inside of me that's made me run to the bathroom so much! MWAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment